I believe that we all have a true calling and often times when faced with adversity, a powerful realization may come into play that simply cannot be ignored.
At the age of 35, shortly after competing in my 2nd fitness competition I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue. Also known as ‘Burn Out’, Adrenal Fatigue is when the adrenal glands responsible for the production of our stress hormones become so exhausted that they are unable to produce adequate quantities of hormones. Left neglected, it can lead to other illness and diseases.
At the time, I knew nothing about Adrenal Fatigue nor did I understand why it happened to me. I had a supportive husband, loving home, great friends and a job I loved. I simply believed it was the result of intense training schedule for my fitness competitions. When I look back on my life which consisted of self-inflicted perfectionism, over training at the gym, extreme dieting, becoming a mom, working long hours, lack of sleep, and very little rest, I recognized that I suffered with symptoms of exhaustion for several years before being diagnosed by my ND. I also realized that I heavily relied on stimulants such as coffee and sugar to mask all of my symptoms and get me through my daily routine. Does this sound familiar?
I was unaware of the storm that was brewing in my body until I reached a point of such intense exhaustion where I was unable to get out of bed, care for myself, my family or carry out a corporate career. The fitness competition represented the final straw – the one last stressor.
While adrenal fatigue was a very low point in my life, it also led me to realize my true purpose, which is to help others live a balanced life. It was exactly what was needed to allow me to take control of my own life and transform it from the inside out.
Recovery involved taking time off work, getting plenty of rest, implementing restorative practices such as meditation, yoga, journaling, incorporating a whole foods diet and taking specific supplements. After a year of dedicating my life to recovery, I healed and was able to continue living a normal life again.
Shortly after this experience and after the birth of my second child, I decided to leave my corporate finance career and enroll at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. In April 2019 I become a Certified Holistic Nutritionist graduating with First Class honors.
My mission shifted to help educate and guide individuals (and their families!) in achieving their optimal wellness goals by listening to their body’s needs, helping them regain optimal health and balance through instilling nutrition principles based on whole foods, supplement suggestions and lifestyle changes. I am living proof that healing is possible and truly hope to Inspire many to be the best version of themselves to live a healthy yet balanced life and lay a positive foundation for generations to come.
Professional Experience & Education.
- Certified Nutrition Practitioner, Graduated with First Class Honors from The Institute of Holistic Nutrition in 2019
- Since graduation, I have helped hundreds of clients reach their weight loss goals using an intuitive eating approach
- FeFA Fitness & Athletics Modeling Competition Event, Fitness Model Category Judge, July 2015
- FeFA Fitness & Athletics Modeling Competition Event, Back Stage Manager, July 2014
- Featured in Fe Health & Fitness Magazine, Winter 2014 issue
- OPA Toronto Super Show, Top 10 Finalist, Bikini Category, June 2013
- Placed 2nd in 25th Annual Festival City Bodybuilding & Fitness Championship, April 2013
- Featured in Fe Health & Fitness Magazine, Spring 2013 Issue
- Featured in Fe Health & Fitness Magazine, Fall 2013 Issue
- Completed Toronto & Scotiabank Half Marathons, October 2007
Do you feel like I did?
Book a Free 15 Minute Consultation and let’s chat about how I can help you reach your ideal weight intuitively, and get you feeling like yourself again.